Tuesday, October 9, 2012

2012 Cider (Wilkens)

 Its apple season again and time to make some hard cider.  For this batch, I decided to go more fresh & natural.  5 Gallons of local fresh apple cider, wine yeast (Montrachet) and a little nutrient.  No added sugar, no pectic enzymes.

Started on 9/30/12
OG=1.048

It is bubbling away nicely and smells of sweet apples.  I will leave it in primary until the yeast drops, then a few months in secondary.  I still haven't
kegged Apfelwein IV, which has been aging since last
November.  Time to get to work!


2 comments:

  1. Can you give more details with pics. I was just starting some by using a jug and a baloon. I would love a real easy tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get to work on it as a new post. Check back in a few days.

      Delete